Next: FRENCH (FranceBelgium, Switzerland)
Up: Summary of the current
Previous: DUTCH (The Netherlands)
- Experimental research
- Academics: SCRIBE, HCRC Map Task Corpus: British Normal Speech Corpus
(advanced), Oxford Acoustic Phonetic database (8 languages).
- EEC: EUROM-1, EUROM-0, POLYGLOT
- Telephone: Bramshill corpus of British English Home Office Telephone
recordings: (12 CDs) held by the LDC.
English is represented in the EUROCOCOSDA (TED), EAGLES, and ELSNET
- Experimental research: National BE-WSJ0CAM, British National Corpus (BNC)
- Application-oriented: SQALE, ONOMASTICA (EEC)
- Telephone: SPEECHDAT (POLYPHONE corpus to be collected by GEC Marconi)
Very active speech community in a variety of areas from fundamental
research to technology development and applications. Many
universities, companies, national telecom involved in the domain.
Strong national effort, with active participation in EEC projects.
Basic material seems to be available. EUROM-1 to be made available as
multilingual resource (organised by A. Fourcin, UCL). However at
the current time, the only resources whose dissemination are
well-defined are those managed in cooperation with LDC. Other cases
are by local arrangement.
EAGLES SWLG SoftEdition, May 1997. Get the book...