Next: ENGLISH (United Kingdom)
Up: Summary of the current
Previous: DANISH (Denmark)
- Experimental research
- academics: GRONINGEN Corpus (basic research), BLOEMENDAL corpus, DEMSI
corpus, Collections of speech recorded on analogue tapes. In coordination
with the Reusable resources task group of ELSNET, the GRONINGEN corpus has
been produced on CD-ROM for public distribution.
- CEC: POLYGLOT, EUROM-0, EUROM-1, NOISE-ROM-0
- Telephone: Dutch POLYPHONE
- Lexica: CLEX (Dutch/German/English, distributed by SPEX and LDC)
- Experimental research: ``Dutch National Corpus'' (similar to BNC, 10
M words spoken material to be collected)
- Application-oriented: ONOMASTICA (EEC)
- POLYPHONE: Dutch corpus of similar design, sponsored by
SPEX and PTT Research.
- SPEECHDAT (EEC)
- NWO Priority Program: information system about public
via the telephone.
- EUROCOCOSDA, COCOSDA
- Eurescom related Telecom cooperation.
The speech community in Holland is very active. Active participation
in ESCA (president is L. Pols), ELSNET, EAGLES, EUROCOCOSDA, COCOSDA.
Strong cooperation between academics and telecom. Strong national
effort. Industrial involvement unknown.
SPEX, the Dutch Speech
Processing Expertise Centre located in Leidschendam, is interested to
get involved, as the Dutch node, in a European infrastructure for
database collection and exploitation. It distributes some corpora.
EUROM-1 to be made available on CD-ROM.
EAGLES SWLG SoftEdition, May 1997. Get the book...