Next: Morphological information
Up: Lexical surface information
Previous: Prosodic information
- Define the basic lexical entry type, as recommended in the previous section, and its notation.
- Establish a machine-readable orthography convention.
- Define the phonological level of representation (e.g. canonical phonemic).
- Specify requirements in respect of word prosody representation.
- Specify requirements in respect of phrasal and discourse prosody (intonation ) information.
- Use the European standard machine readable phonemic alphabet SAMPA (see
- Select an appropriate system of prosodic
representation, such as SAMPA , SAMPROSA (see Appendix B),
INTSINT, or ToBI notation, where required.
- Ensure that the relation between notations and representations used in
the lexical database and the system
lexicon are well-defined, and that they are
completely consistent with notations and representations in other resources
such as corpora and in the different parts of the system, such as the
word lattice produced by the speech recogniser , operated on by a
stochastic language model , and further processed by a sentence parser.
EAGLES SWLG SoftEdition, May 1997. Get the book...