Next: What is a spoken
Previous: Lexical information as properties
The following recommendations should be seen in conjunction with recommendations made after the following more specialised sections of this chapter.
- In preparation for decisions on the use of resources, distinguish
between lexical database and the system
- Identify the types of information required for the lexical database and the system lexicon.
- Consider the relevant lexical database models and system lexicon architectures.
- Develop a systematic concept for the tools required in producing and
accessing a lexicon or a lexical database,
prior to construction of such a database.
- For information on resources in specific areas of spoken language
systems, consult the other chapters and appendices in this handbook.
- For information on resources which relate to written language, consult
the other EAGLES working groups.
- For general information on resources consult the organisations ELRA (European Language Resources Association) and LDC (Linguistic Data Consortium).
EAGLES SWLG SoftEdition, May 1997. Get the book...