- Born 1981 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Habilitation [DLitt equiv.] in Philosophy, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, 2017.
- Habilitation [DSc equiv.] in Economic Theory, Bielefeld University, 2011.
- DPhil in Mathematics, University of Oxford (Merton College), 2006.
Supervisor: Professor Terence J. Lyons
Area of specialisation: Mathematical Finance
- Dr. rer. nat. [PhD equiv.] in Mathematics, University of Bonn, 2005.
Advisor: Professor Sergio Albeverio
Area of specialisation: Probability Theory
- MTh (by Research) in Divinity, University of Aberdeen, 2018.
Advisor: Professor Brian Brock
Area of specialisation: Theological Ethics
- Dipl.-Math. [MSc in Mathematics equiv.], University of Bonn, 2003.
Advisor: Professor Sergio Albeverio
Area of specialisation: Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics
Minor subject: Philosophy
- Research Fellow, International Academy of Philosophy in the Principality of Liechtenstein (IAP), 2017–2019
- Program Officer (wissenschaftlicher Referent), Max Weber Program / German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes), 2015–2017
- Assistant Professor (Juniorprofessor), Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University, 2007–2015
(positively evaluated in 2010)
- Visiting Fellow, Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, 2012–2013
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Mathematics, Princeton University, 2009–2010
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley, 2008
- Post-Doctoral Researcher and Instructor (wissenschaftlicher Angestellter), Institute for Applied Mathematics and Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 611, University of Bonn, 2006–2007
- Consultant (Risk Management), d-fine GmbH & Ltd., Frankfurt am Main, 2006
- Post-Doctoral Researcher and Instructor (wissenschaftlicher Angestellter), Institute for Applied Mathematics, University of Bonn, 2005–2006
- Teaching Assistant and Class Tutor, Mathematical Institute, University of Oxford, 2003–2005
- Teaching Assistant, Mathematical Institute, University of Bonn, 2002–2003
- Student Research Assistant, Philosophy Department, University of Bonn, 2001–2002
Scholarships, grants and honours (selection):
Supervision of doctoral theses:
- Dr. Geghard Bedrosian: Ultraproduct construction of representative utility functions with infinite-dimensional domain, defended in 2015
- Dr. Tolulope Fadina: A nonstandard representation of G-Itô processes and applications to general equilibrium theory, defended in 2015
Refereeing and reviewing activities:
- Reviewer for Zentralblatt MATH and Mathematical Reviews
- Referee for Dialectica, Economic Theory, Economics and Philosophy, Economics Letters, Erkenntnis, Finance and Stochastics, Foundations of Science, Journal of Applied Logic, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Journal of Philosophical Logic, Macroeconomic Dynamics, Mind,
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Quantitative Finance, Review of Economic Design, Review of Symbolic Logic, Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Studia Logica, Synthese, and other journals
- Program Committee Member, Trends in Logic XV, Delft, 06-07/2015
- Scientific Co-Organiser (with Professors Alexander Kurz and Alessandra Palmigiano), Lorentz Center Workshop “Logics for Social Behaviour”, Leiden, 11/2014
- Refereeing for national funding agencies.
- Within the University.
- Deputy Commissioner, Ethics Commission, Bielefeld University, 05/2014–
- Referee for the Ethics Commission, Bielefeld University, 12/2013–04/2014
- Computing Officer, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University, 07/2011–03/2012; 04/2013–08/2015
- Faculty Councillor, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Bielefeld University, 04/2011–03/2012; 10/2014–08/2015
- Deputy Faculty Councillor, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Bielefeld University, 05/2010–03/2011
- Student Representative to Faculty Council, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Bonn, 01/2001–06/2002