Research Group: Interactional Linguistics & Human-Robot-Interaction
- Multimodal Conversation Analysis
- Interactional Linguistics
- Workplace Studies
- Classroom Interaction, Immersive Education
We draw on linguistic, ethnographic and Conversation Analytic (EM/CA) methods and attempt - in interdisciplinary projects - to link qualitative and quantitative approaches. Most recently, we have begun to integrate sequential micro-analysis of video-taped recordings with technical approaches (e.g. Motion Capturing, Augmented Reality) and modeling of interaction.
- Karola Pitsch, Dr. phil. - Head of Group
- Raphaela Gehle, MA
- Marcel Kramer, MA
- Christian Schnier, MA
- Luise Süssenbach, MA
- External: Malte Wattenberg, MA (with Prof. Dr. H. Brandt-Pook, Wirtschaftsinformatik, FH Bielefeld)
- WinerTerm 2013: Interaktion & Grammatik, Mo 10 - 12 h
- SummerTerm 2013: Sprache & Raum: Deixis, Mo 10 - 12 h
- WinterTerm 2012/13: Interaktion & Grammatik, Mo 10 - 12 h
- SummerTerm 2012: Interaktion & Technologie, Mo 14 - 16 h
- SummerTerm 2011: Kommunikative Strategien in der Museums-Interaktion. Ein humanoider Roboter als Museumsführer?, Mo 10 - 12 h
Karola Pitsch: Short VitaKarola Pitsch is a Dilthey Fellow funded by the Volkswagen Foundation (2012-2016), and since 2013 heads the research group “Interactional Linguistics & HRI” at CITEC, Bielefeld University.
After studying French, Linguistics and History in Bielefeld and Paris (1995 - 2001), Karola received her PhD in Linguistics from Bielefeld University, Germany (2006, Dissertation Award of the Westfälisch-Lippische Universitätsgesellschaft). She has since held positions as postdoctoral researcher in EU-projects with the ‘Work, Interaction & Technology’ research centre at King’s College London, UK (2005 – 2008, Prof. C. Heath), and the Applied Informatics group and the CoR-Lab at Bielefeld University (2008 – 2011, Prof. G. Sagerer). She is Principal Investigator of projects within the CRC 673 ’Alignment in Communication’ and the Centre of Excellence ‘Cognitive Interaction Technology’ (CITEC), and a fellow in the ZiF Network of Young Scholars.
Karola has undertaken extended research stays at UCLA (USA, supervisor: Ch. Goodwin), the universities of Tsukuba and Saitama (Japan), at Sorbonne University and Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (France), and at the University of Buenos Aires (Argentina).