- TGA GENERAL INFORMATION
- TGA INPUT PARAMETERS
- TGA INPUT FIELD
1. TGA GENERAL INFORMATION
V 1.00 2012-07-09
V 3.03 2013-03-30
V 3.04 2014-08-11
Papers using TGA methodology for analysis of rhythm, duration sequences and other timing patterns (currently Mandarin Chinese; L1 and L2 English; Polish):
- Yu, Jue and Gibbon, Dafydd, Criteria for database and tool design for speech timing analysis with special reference to Mandarin, Oriental COCOSDA 2012 (cf. IEEEexplore Conf ID 21048)
- Gibbon, Dafydd, TGA: a web tool for Time Group Analysis, TRASP 2013 (poster)
- Yu, Jue, Timing analysis with the help of SPPAS and TGA tools, TRASP 2013 (poster)
- Klessa, Katarzyna, Maciej Karpinski and Agnieszka Wagner, Annotation Pro: a new software tool for annotation of linguistic and paralinguistic features TRASP 2013
- K)essa, Katarzyna and Dafydd Gibbon, Annotation Pro+TGA: automation of speech timing analysis, LREC 2013.
- Yu, Jue, Dafydd Gibbon and Katarzyna Klessa, Computational annotation-mining of syllable durations in speech varieties, Speech Prosody 7, 2014.
Grateful acknowledgments to Jue Yu (Zhejiang University, Hangzhou) for evaluation and suggestions, and for the Mandarin Chinese annotation data in the demo below.
A Python CGI web tool.
Automatic recognition heuristic for input data formats (examines only first line, not foolproof)
- The duration visualisation graphics are not rendered correctly by Firefox, which has a bug in its HTML rendering. The vertical bars are incorrectly shown as circles. However, the information displayed by the circles is the same.
- This tool will DEFINITELY NOT work with most TextGrid files, because the tool is designed to handle ONLY one particular small set of ASCII symbols and (obviously) only interval tiers are handled.
- Within the above constraints, long or short TextGrid Interval Tier formats are handled. The tool was designed for syllable tiers, but in principle any tier can be handled. You will be lucky not to get arbitrary error output if you try anything else. Response time depends on TextGrid tier length and (for deceleration and acceleration) global threshold range. Be patient!
- Praat TextGrid full and short formats (specified tier picked out of arbitrarily many tiers)
- Single-tier CSV table (do not mix separators in the same data set):
row := label sep starttime sep endtime [ sep duration ]
sep := TAB | SP | "," | ";" | ":"
- Timestamp values in all formats are in seconds with dot decimal point (not milliseconds, and not comma), following Praat TextGrid conventions.
2. TGA INPUT PARAMETERS
3. TGA INPUT FIELD
1. Test with the preset TextGrid example, then delete, copy and paste your own TextGrid or CSV):
2. Input timestamp values in all formats are in seconds with '.' (dot) decimal point (following Praat TextGrid conventions), and neither milliseconds nor seconds with ',' (comma) decimal point. Output timestamp values are in milliseconds.