Praat TextGrid to MBROLA
synthesiser format (pho file) converter
Dafydd Gibbon, 2008-08-12
- The phoneme notation in the Praat annotation should correspond to the phoneme notation in the MBROLA voice you intend to use.
- MBROLA requires silent segments to be annoted with '_' (underscore). However, in some environments Praat apparently does not permit the use of underscore, so silent segments should
- either be annotated with some other convention, and replaced by '_' in the TextGrid file before conversion,
- or be annoted with 'SIL', which will be automatically replaced by '_'.
- If you find errors, they may be due to special symbols in the labels. If you suspect this, please replace the special symbols, and let me know which symbols were involved.