I pursued my doctorate in Bioinformatics in the Genome Informatics group at the Faculty of Technology. My thesis advisor was Prof. Dr. Jens Stoye. From the end of 2010 to the beginning of 2015, I was a student member of the CLIB-Graduate Cluster Industrial Biotechnology and affiliated to the DiDy Graduate School. I then moved to Lausanne, Switzerland, to pursue a post-doc in the Laboratory for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausannewith Bernard Moret. I am now back in the Genome Informatics group at Bielefeld Unviersity for my second post-doc. My main research interest lies in comparative genomics.
- Doerr, D, Feijao, P, Balaban, M, Chauve, C, The gene family-free median of three, Proc. of WABI 2016, LNCS, vol. 9838, 102-120, 2016
- Kowada, L A B, Doerr, D, Dantas, S, Stoye, J, New Genome Similarity Measures Based on Conserved Gene Adjacencies Proc. of RECOMB, 2016, LNCS, vol. 9649, 204-224, 2016
- D. Doerr, Gene Family-free Genome Comparison, PhD thesis, 2015.
- D. Doerr, J. Stoye, S. Böcker, K. Jahn, Identifying gene clusters by discovering common intervals in indeterminate strings, BMC Genomics, 2014 vol. 15(Suppl 6):S2.
- M. Lechner, M. Hernandez-Rosales, D. Doerr, N. Wieseke, A. Thévenin, J. Stoye, R. K. Hartmann, S. J. Prohaska, P. F. Stadler, Orthology Detection Combining Clustering and Synteny for Very Large Datasets Potential of Family-Free Genome Comparison, PLoS ONE, 2014 vol. 9 (8) p. e105015.
- M. D. V. Braga, C. Chauve, D. Doerr, K. Jahn, J. Stoye, A. Thévenin, R. Wittler, The Potential of Family-Free Genome Comparison, Chapter 13, pp. 287–323, Models and Algorithms for Genome Evolution, Springer 2013.
- D. Doerr, K. Hu, S. Renly, S. Edlund, M. Davis, J. H. Kaufman, J. Lessler, M. Filter, A. Käsbohrer, B. Appel, Accelerating investigation of food-borne disease outbreaks using pro-active geospatial modeling of food supply chains, in Proceedings of HealthGIS'12, ACM SIGSPATIAL, 2012.
- D. Doerr, A. Thévenin, J. Stoye, Gene family assignment-free comparative genomics , in Proceedings of RECOMB-CG, BMC Bioinformatics 2012, Volume 13/Suppl 19, S3.
- D. Doerr, I. Gronau, S. Moran, I. Yavneh, Stochastic Errors vs. Modeling Errors in Distance Based Phylogenetic Reconstructions, in Algorithms for Molecular Biology, 2012, Volume 7:22