Center for Mathematical Economics
phone: +49 521 106 4905
fax: +49 521 106 2997
- Symmetric play in repeated allocation games. With Tom Palfrey and Brian Rogers, Journal of Economic Theory, 2014, 154, 25-67.
- The refined best-response correspondence in normal form games. With Dieter Balkenborg and Josef Hofbauer, accepted at the International Journal of Game Theory.
- Hidden symmetries and focal points. With Carlos Alos-Ferrer, Journal of Economic Theory, 2013, 148 (1), 226-258.
- Refined best-response correspondence and dynamics. With Dieter Balkenborg and Josef Hofbauer, Theoretical Economics, 2013, 8 (1), 165-192.
- Pre-election polls as strategic coordination devices. With Costel Andonie, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 2012, 84 (2), 681-700. [Supplementary Material]
- A Comment on "Egalitarianism and Efficiency in Repeated Symmetric Games.” by V. Bhaskar [Games Econ. Behav. 32 (2000) 247–262]. With Brian Rogers, Games and Economic Behavior, 2012, 74 (1), 240–242.
- On the elimination of dominated strategies in stochastic models of evolution with large populations.
Games and Economic Behavior, 2011, 72 (2), 452-466.
- Effects of background risks on cautiousness with an application to a portfolio choice problem.
With Chiaki Hara and James Huang, Journal of Economic Theory, 2011, 146 (1), 346-358.
- Evolutionary stability of discrimination under observability.
With Florian Herold, Games and Economic Behavior, 2009, 67 (2), 542-551.
- Representative consumer's risk aversion and efficient risk-sharing rules.
With Chiaki Hara and James Huang, Journal of Economic Theory, 2007, 137, 652-72.
- Stochastic evolutionary stability in extensive form games of perfect information.
Games and Economic Behavior, 2004, 48 (2), 321-336. [Proof of Theorem 2] (not in the paper)
- Tail-dependence in stock-return pairs.
With Ines Fortin, Int. J. Intell. Sys. Acc. Fin. Mgmt., 2002, 11, 89-107.
- Optimal window-width choice in spectral density estimation: Review and simulation.
With Ines Fortin, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 2000, 67, 109-131.
- A case for standard theory? With Daniel Rodenburger, August 2015.
- The (Non-)Robustness of Influential Cheap Talk Equilibria When the Sender's Preferences are State-Independent. With Christoph Diehl, 3rd version, revised December 2014. Second version (same title). January 2014. First version: The (non-)robustness of influential cheap talk equilibria. October 2013.
- Abraham Wald's Complete Class Theorem and Knightian Uncertainty. February 2015. Previous versions: A rational ambiguity averse person will never display her ambiguity aversion. April 2013. An alternative subjective expected utility representation theorem. August 2012. Inferring Preferences from Choices under Uncertainty. March 2012
- Efficiency based measures of inequality. With Costel Andonie and Brian Rogers, June 2014.
Full Characterization of All Deterministic Dominant Strategy Incentive
Compatible, Ex-Post Individually Rational, and Ex-Post Budget Balanced
Direct Mechanisms in the Public Good Provision Problem with Independent
Private Values, April 2014.
- Coordination with Independent Private Values: Why Pedestrians Sometimes Bump into Each Other, February 2014.
- An incomplete information justification of symmetric equilibrium in symmetric games.
With Brian Rogers, November 2010.
- Evolutionary foundations of rational choice.
With Olivier Gossner, revised November 2009.
- The Evolution of Moral Codes of Behavior.
With Carlos Rodriguez-Sickert, revised May 2009.
- The refined best-response correspondence and backward induction.
With Dieter Balkenborg and Josef Hofbauer, May 2009.