A collection of (il)legal cyclic Go positions
together with the position consisting of two independent simple Kos
the above mentioned two 4-cycle positions represent all existing
cycle-topological different 4-cyclic Go positions.
- Ko - the simplest and cycle-topological only 2-cycle
- Infinite yose - the 4-cycle with single pass
- Eternal life - the 4-cycle at the edge
- Tripel-Ko - a 6-cycle to get seki
- Dopple-Ko seki - a 6-cycle with 2 passes in a seki
- Moon shine life - a 6-cycle to force life for another group
- Simplified Shimada - a 6-cycle with ko and ko threat
Remark: the center ko should be of a little more value, to prevent each
player's option, in opposite to give atari with two stones, to connect solidly
and threaten to change the opponent's edge group life into ko.
- Round-Robin-Ko - an 8-cycle in a seki
- Biliteral Double-Ko seki - an 8-cycle in a seki
- Shimada's Ko - a 10-cycle with two-stage ko and ko threat (Shimada Takuya 1958)
- The Pendulum - a 10-cycle with ko and ko threat (Matti Siivola 1983)
- Molasses-Ko - another 10-cycle with 2 passes in a seki (T. Mark Hall 1993/94)
Diagrams were composed with xigc-4.1 / xv-3.10 / gifmerge-1.33 / giftrans-1.11.
So my thanks go to: Steve Coffin,
Mark Podlipec, Rene Mueller, and
for writing PD-software which is source-code availible!
enlarged: 2003-10-28 15:25 UTC+01